Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Spider in my Car Mirror is Dead


The spider living in my car side-view mirror is dead.
Or so I think.

The little guy had been living in my car mirror for quite some time. Almost every day I would walk down to my car to find that an intricate spider-web had been created from the driver's side-view mirror to the door handle. And almost every day I would tear it down.

I only saw the critter once. I was driving real fast on the highway and I looked out the window to check my blind spot. When I peeked out the glass I saw a spider about the size of a dime hanging on for dear life as he flung through the wind. I made sure to slow down and thankfully he quickly climbed behind the mirror. At that moment I realized I liked him; I liked seeing a new web every day.

Then one morning there was no web, and there has not been one since. Maybe it was the winter or one of my recent road-trips that finally did him in, but I am actually sad he's gone.

RIP little dude.

1 comment:

Mike Waters said...

Oh, it's like Charlotte's Web or something...well why don't you and the web go have GBS